Friday 23 September 2016

Running up that Hill - Kate Bush

Lyric:- 'Do you want to feel how it feels?' - Bush

Song Choice:- This is one of my favourite Kate Bush tracks. Can you believe it's from the 1985 'Hounds of Love' album? I bought here whole back catalogue a couple of years back now and it's well worth going back and taking a fresh listen to as it's still as fresh as the first time I heard it, way back when. Try it in headphones, it's cosmic.

It's also the track that comes to mind when I'm doing my hill reps. It's always been a tough session too, going up and down Leckwith Hill, in Cardiff eight times. I can't say I've ever looked forward to doing it, but I've always enjoyed the feeling when it's completed and the results of the training.

Anyway, yesterday I really enjoyed 'Running up that Hill', just the once. Running alongside Jeff 'Big Moose' Smith, made it even more special as he's been so supportive during my illness and there was no way I was going to give up running all the way to the top in front of him, even if I'd wanted to. 

It wasn't fast, it wasn't pretty but who cares. I did it!

The 77 minutes Jeff and I spent running together, marks my longest run to date and I'm not feeling the effects too much today, so I'll be out there again in the Cardiff sunshine enjoying my new found running freedom. Knowing I can run anything now.

You never know, I might even go and run up Leckwith Hill again.

Oh, how does it feel? Bloody Marvellous! That's how it feels...

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathons - 9 Guinness World Records
8297 Days' Dry
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment