Saturday 4 June 2016

Aqualung - Jethro Tull

Lyric:- Sitting on a park bench. Sun streaking cold, an old man wandering lonely. Taking time the only way he knows. 

Song Choice:- Written by Ian Anderson back in 1971, I've taken out the dubious 'Operation Yew-tree' type lyrics out, which didn't actually  leave many, but the gist of the 'Park Bench' is  the reference I really needed for my ditty today'. So here goes...

You see I went out to  Parc Cefn Onn a grade 2 listed country park situated on the northern fringes of Cardiff. The park was originally designed some 90 years ago taking advantage of the gentle valley containing the Nant Fawr stream and if you take a wheelchair to see, the streams, ponds, woodlands and other planting, you'll find out it beautiful. However you'll need to be David Weir or on serious steroids to see it as it's not very wheelchair friendly.

Now I'm not moaning as it was warm, sunny and totally stunning with plenty of park benches placed at strategic intervals for the less able to catch their breath. I did at one such bench before the final 1:5 climb only to see it was one with my name on it.



Makes you think tough, as is all that we have to look forward to - a bloody plaque covered in pigeon poop, lovingly saying how much we are missed but should have listened harder.

It's a bit harsh...


Luckily, I have the above drugs to keep me going. Shame 'Rory' of 'Rory's Bench' Fame didn't , as now he wouldn't be suffering from 'Bench Plaque'.

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 8187 Days' Dry
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathons - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment