Thursday 9 June 2016

Zeros and Ones - Jesus Jones

Lyric:- 'There's more to this than anything that you or I can see, The world is mine the world is yours and here's the cause' - Edwards

Song Choice:- I think Mike Edwards, summed up our world perfectly in two simple sentences here, don't you? I like the fact that the World is too big to comprehend. I love it that actually we have an amazing chance to see it and exploit it for our own benefit, and then make our mark on it. We are all in control of our own destiny.

If only we all gave it one chance, we'd all be winners. Listen here.

You don't have to be Sir Barnes Wallace or even Bruce Willis for that matter, we all know our own movie winners, let’s face it, The ‘Titanic’ wasn’t ever going to make the States on the silver screen now was it, yet it’s the second highest grossing film of all time?

So, if you were writing your own screenplay (Kiefer Sutherland, is playing me in mine btw), what would you do, Astronaut, Explorer, Racing Driver? My list is still endless….
This coming from a wheel-chaired spectator since, May 5th and it might all sound a bit poncy and let's face it you've every right in thinking so, but I've had every combination of emotions known to man since then. My hope is that I’ve seen a lot of folk go from the lowest point of their lives to go on to even greater things. I believe I will too.

And that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to see the world in a different way for a few days, and report back. It all sounds a but Glastonbury (it does on these drugs anyway) I know, but hey I'm giving it a go and already I feel a whole lot calmer and stiller today as I’ve reached that point. The only way now is UP.

So for the next few days I’ll be finding out more about my world, whether I’ll be the next British Astronaut or whether I’ll make it to the start of the #MdS17. I’ll also stop writing blogs on Morphine Oral Solution as they seem ok at the time but have to be corrected the next day Drhgfree as I sound very weird in them!!!

Life's easy, it's just Zeros and Ones...

Rory Coleman

976 Marathon des Sables, 241 UITRAs, 13 Marathon des Sables, 1 Day Walking Again, 1 Vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment