Friday 17 June 2016

Get it Wrong - Get it Right Next Time - Gerry Rafferty

Lyric:- 'Life is a liar yeah life is a cheat, it'll lead you on and pull the ground from underneath your feet' - Rafferty.

Quiz - Gerry Rafferty, Dead or Alive? - Well he's Dead, died in 2011 and was a shock to me too. Anyway, it's a great track and the world is missing one fine song writer IMO, have a look for  yourself here

The song's perfect for today's blog as yesterday was such a complete cock up from start to finish and I thought today might have had the same scriptwriter if I'm being honest. 

I couldn't have been further from the truth as the wonderful Jakko at Merrillo Clinic in Newport gave me a good 'Rory talking up' this morning and armed with fresh enthusiasm my up and down walking was just f*cking awesome and just what I needed to get me back into the groove.


Here's some video of me today. Might not seem much but it's moving mountains...

Lady C came along today, as she hasn't seen me training for a couple of days at the clinic, and said the improvement in my walking was somewhat dramatic, which makes me feel like the hard work, lack of sleep and achy body is starting to pay off. 

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 271 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records

No comments:

Post a Comment