Thursday 16 June 2016

Jump - Van Halen

Lyric:- 'I get up, and nothing gets me down. You got it tough. I've seen the toughest all around - Van Halen, Van Halen, Anthony & Roth

Song Choice: Jump, well that was the last thing I did today; I did more FALL. Nope, not at the Morrello Clinic where I was again getting my legs working in time with my brain (well trying to anyway) with a very simple game of being suspended like the baby jumper whilst trying to step over a 2" high 15" wide plank that hurts like f*ck when you kick it or tread on it the wrong way for about 800m.

But hey, that's ok and I can cope with 90 minutes of that - that's the easy bit. What you don't realise is just how buggered your legs are afterwards. They were F*CKED. That's where the FALL comes in and my left leg just collapsed on me and I fell 'Delboy Like' backwards, missing my brains by 6ft, and landed flat on the sharp pointy bit of my skull. OK, there was a bit of claret, a bit of a bump but more than that the embarrassment of being a total tit in front of my good friend Jeff.

Poor guy 5hit himself I think but did a great job of scooping me up and getting me into his house to watch the Wales v England footy, which for me was as bad as my walking.

So today has been a real bummer, so I had a bloody good blubber which I think has helped.

More tomorrow, which can only get better and I know I'm tough, but I'm the toughest around. But somedays you just don't feel it.

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 1 Big lump on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment