Wednesday 10 August 2016

Big Time Sensuality (The Fluke Minimix) - Björk

Lyric:- 'It takes courage to enjoy it, the hardcore and the gentle, big time sensuality.' -Björk

Song Choice:- A brilliant track from Iceland's Queen of Bizarre, that's simply sensual. I always feel like I've experienced this song, rather than listened to it and it fits nicely with my heightened sense of self-awareness that I'm feeling during my rehabilitation.

I was reminded yesterday by Lady Coleman, that I'm still recovering and far from being fixed. And she's right of course as there's no 'Sell by Date' for Guillian Barre Syndrome. Psychologically though I do feel a need to gain back some of my identity. Even though I feel driven to return to doing some of the things that I love, and even though I think I'm superman right now, filling up my galaxy with all things Rory Coleman, isn't a wise move right now.

It's a real conundrum as I need to be me again yet I wonder why I need to cram my life full of stuff to prove it. Maybe it’s that male pride thing of feeling the need to underline one’s life achievements, when in fact they are already written in 24pt BOLD CAPITALS.

That's me in a nutshell and I wondering if that's you too ?

Maybe you could apply the 'Less is More' theory as well from now on, as who are you trying to impress, yourself or your peers? It's a great thought for the day and it will free up so much more of your time to enjoy some Big Time Sensuality.

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 271 Ultras - 9 Guinness World Records - 13 Marathon des Sables - 8252 Days' Sober
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete