Thursday 25 August 2016

High Hopes - The Pink Floyd

Lyrics:- 'Running before time took our dreams away' - Gilmour & Samson

Song Choice:- As this is my last night in hospital, it feels only right to think about the 'High Hopes' I'm now feeling amidst the trepidation of being released into back into some kind of normality, before finally being discharged in September 2nd. Take a look here and see what you've been missing. 

It's the same 'High Hopes' that we all have perhaps, when undertaking something new in life. Let's face it, no one ever sets off with 'Low Hopes' to fail do they? Or do they? It's something that I would never consider myself but then again I'm positively deluded a lot of the time and failure is never an option in my book.

Then again, why should it matter and whom are we trying to please? Setting unrealistic goals has never been one of failings, all I've ever tried to do, is to do my best. Either that, or at somethings I'll admit that I'm just not interested. If you know me well, you'll know you'll never catch me crawling lengths of the local swimming pool or entering the nearest Triathlon.

But then why should I as it wouldn't satisfy my expectations and finish me off anyway, as I'm the world's worst swimmer!

Maybe, it's something you should consider about what you do and why? Are you pleasing yourself? Are you trying to please someone else and their expectations? Or has your fitness routine just become something that you are now enslaved to? 

If your doing it because you have to do it every day, yikes that's a real nightmare and something to reconsider at your earliest opportunity. It should be fun not a chore. Let's face it, that's why we started this in the first place. If you don't know how to change, I can help you out, just ask yourself...

Are you having fun? You should be... I know I am :-)

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - Vision
  www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment