Wednesday 13 March 2013

Life of Mine - Toxic Federation


'So I ask myself a question, what am I gonna do.. other than survive'...

Quite apt for Andy Saville today as he completes his third 50 mile training run in 3 days in preparation for the 24hr Race in Basel. in May I did 26.2 miles with him this morning to get his route sorted from Cardiff out thru Penarth to Sully.

It's great to see how Andy has come on during the past year with me coaching him and these 4 days, (yes he has another to do tomorrow)... will be his making as a 24 hour runner I believe.

I'm not saying it's been easy running for him today but the realisation of needing calories to keep the spirit up and the legs going has already been a revelation and I'm sure tomorrow's calorie count will surpass todays.

It reminded me of the days when I used to have to get this sort of mileage in and just how resilient it made me to covering huge distances on consecutive days. I'm really excited for Andy, as he has what it takes to do this and more...

I'll let you know how he gets on tomorrow.

More then.




No comments:

Post a Comment