Monday 25 March 2013

Lose Yourself - Eminem




'Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment - Would you capture it or just let it slip?' - Eminem

The lyrics got me thinking over the weekend about those going out to the 28th Marathon des Sables this year. No doubt if you are running this year you are worrying about what's in store for you out in the sands of the Western Sahara. And yes you'd be right to have some trepidation as it is darned tough but my last piece of advice to everyone is to ENJOY the EXPERIENCE and make the most of a 'Once in a Lifetime' opportunity to do something totally EXTRAORDINARY.

I speak to hundreds of people a year about the race and I often wonder what people GET out of being part of this modern day mecca of ULTRA-running. I know just how important it's been to me...

I found it a life changing experience and one that I TOTALLY understand... I can't explain just how BRILLIANT the race is. It's something that you can't let SLIP through your fingers and yes there will be times during the race when you will question your sanity but take it from me that when you get back, in the days and months that follow hopefully you will know where I am coming from right now.

I hope you don't Lose Yourself at MdS and you'll find out what makes you tick during the race -it really is a 'ONE MOMENT' opportunity.

More tomorrow...


1 comment:

  1. I cant agree more Rory. I was there in 2009 and despite the rain and sone spectacular foot injuries I completed the event - a very modest time maybe but nearky 4 years later I am still buzzing from my success and that feeling of confidence that you can succeed at anything that you put your mind to in life.

    I would love to return to the desert but sadly cost will probably make it a once in a lifetime event

    ReplyDelete