Thursday 21 March 2013

The Cinema Show - Genesis


'Listen to the old one speak of all he has lived through.'

I had a great time at Profeet in Fulham last night speaking to lots of runners about my life, training and running. It 's only when I start preparing for such evenings that it strikes me just how much I've achieved and been thru in my 51 years. Don't get me wrong as I'm no superstar, I've messed up along the way far too many times to remember BUT what I do know is that I am happy with the journey that I've taken and helping others short-cut some of my life-errors or being able to open their minds to reach their potential is VERY rewarding.

I love speaking to a sea of wide-eyed people and I hope that I'll coach some of those who were there last night in the future. My special thanks go to Sarah who ran on the treadmill last night to demonstrate my VO2 Max Test. Talk about the perfect patient and with her potential she could be a great 100km runner...watch this space.

Hopefully my own words of encouragement will ring in my ears at tomorrow's Jurassic Coastal Challenge for the first of my two-marathons in two-days.

No comments:

Post a Comment