Monday 4 March 2013

Time - Pink Floyd



I've had a great weekend of training with 14 runners on my MdS Training weekend. For me it was wonderful that people took time out of their busy weekend schedules to come and see just what it's like to run on Sand Dunes and Jebels...just like the one's we'll encounter in Morocco in just 33 days. For me these guys haven't missed Pink Floyd's 'Starting Gun' in my song for the day above.

Those that came will now go to the race knowing at what pace to hit the sand and the jebels as it's like running in slow motion. Take a look at the pic above!!!

For me, running in the sand on Saturday was a real wake-up call and I need to do more... on Sunday the runs up to the Summit of Pen-y-Fan (886m) made my back go numb - before the -10c numbed the rest of me. Coming down hurts... well me anyway.

The next 32 days need to have a lot more of the above!!!

More tomorrow...







No comments:

Post a Comment