Wednesday 6 March 2013

Shut your Eyes - Snow Patrol


'Shut your eyes and think of somewhere, Somewhere cold and caked in snow'.

I'll think on about these words when I am in Morocco, which I have found out tonight this year will be over 5 stages not the usual 6 with a '7km fun Run to the Coaches' on the last day. A late interesting twist to the race and one I like the sound of as it will be similar to the way we finished in the 2009 race into the camp itself. It was awesome!

That follows a great day of training with MdS#13 runner, Nick Richards whom I found most interesting and if you were looking for a good tent mate - he's the man for you. Calls a spade a spade, and I like that in a man!

I'm coaching Graeme Harvey tomorrow and have a trip back to the dunes planned... after yesterdays 26.2 and last weekend in them too it can only be good for my own MdS...

Bring it on and I'll think of the next lines of the above Snow Patrol song...

'And when the worrying starts to hurt and the world feels like graves of dirt. Just close your eyes until you can imagine this place, yeah, our secret space at will'...

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment