Monday 18 March 2013

Goody Two Shoes - Adam Ant


'So Everyone can take note' - Stuart Goddard.

I've just got my MdS Shoes back from 'The Shoehealer' Cobbler in Doncaster. And you'll see that this year I'm using the Brooks Adrenalin GTS 12 as per #MdS12, with the Raidlight Gaiter from our ULTRAstore, it's a tried and tested combination and it's one that hopefully will be even better with some help from The Shoehealer's Expert, Anthony and the technical experts at Profeet.

It's an interesting development as there isn't a shoe that's PERFECT for the race... There are loads that are FAR from perfect and if you've met me you'll know my thoughts or you will find out for yourself when you do the race in just 19 days... So for now Brookes are the Boys!

Anyway, this year's Velcro stitching is different because it's been notched to allow my little toe a little more freedom. Unfortunately the GTS has a flex point just in the wrong place so hopefully the new Velcro style will be a winner.

Combine this with the flat foot-beds from Profeet and I might have the shoe combination that I've been looking for these past 9 MdS.

I'll keep you posted!







2 comments:

  1. I've been using Brooks for road running for a few years now and was considering them for the 2014 MdS although I was looking at the Puregrit2 as it is lighter. However my question is why the GTX version? its (admittedly only slightly) heavier than the non-Gortex version and I wouldn't have thought a Gortex lining was necessary in the desert - however you've done 9 MdS and I've done zero so there is obviously a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colin - I'm using the GTS version, not sure about the Gortex version but water getting out (sweat) might be difficult.

    ReplyDelete