Monday 12 May 2014

These are the days of our lives - Queen


'When we were kids, when we were young, things seemed so perfect you know? The days were endless, we were crazy we were young, the sun was always shinin' we just lived for fun.' - Deacon, May, Mercury & Taylor.

Hopefully in years to come I will look back as fondly about my present years as much as I did about my teenage years way back in my dim and distant past. I'm sure rose tinted lenses get rosier over the years but sometimes it's easy to ignore the 'good PRESENT days' too!

Take this weekend and I had a brilliant day out on the Stroud Trail Marathon. I'm not saying the race was brilliant as it needs a few tweaks, just that I had a brilliant time. It hadn't started out that way as after a few miles down a disused canal isn't the best entrée to a marathon BUT then it just got ridiculously hard and extremely hilly. Which made it totally amazing.

It was just one of those days that was FUN! Being able to do this stuff at 52 is a real blessing and I'm going to make sure that I don't take it for granted as I want to go on having fun for many years to come...I'm going to have to go back and do this one again.

Are you having fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment