Monday 14 July 2014

Blowin' Free - Wishbone Ash


'Blowin' free like a cornfield' - Powell, Turner, Turner & Upton

It must be something about going back to Stratford-upon-Avon but it was a nostalgic day out for me on Chris Sweeney's Stratford Canal Ultra yesterday. 30 miles of memories and the route was all too familiar passing one of my haunts and my Grandparents' Cottage in the lovely village of Wilmcote along the way.

The highlight of the route was running over the Edstone Aqueduct (pictured), not once but twice! I also remembered a lot of my Canal Project I did when I was or 15 at school (which seemed totally DULL at the time) but nearly 30 years later came in rather useful on the sight-seeing front.

I did feel rather emotionally as well as physically drained at the finish line and the humidity really played a part in my not breaking five hours! Anyway who cares...it was more about the experience yesterday than the time.


More tomorrow...now where's my hanky :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment