Friday 25 July 2014

Open your Heart - Madonna

Lyric:- 'It's not that hard, if you just turn the key' - Madonna, Cole & Rafelso

Track Choice:- Although it's a Boy-meets-Girl lyrical journey, I've always like the line 'it's not that hard, if you just turn the key' and it's one of the Queen of Pop's best songs of the mid-80's, I believe.

'Turning the Key' is the integral part of long distance running, the key being one's mental approach to the task in hand. Finding the key can prove to be a much harder task though and one that I believe some folk sadly never find.

It's actually more of a combination lock crossed with a magic-eye picture in my opinion. You sort of do the numbers and have the belief that you'll see the hidden image and hey-presto, you get belief. Well that's how it feels to me and hopefully those whom I'm coaching for the Marathon des Sables next April are getting in some experience of the 85% Humidity levels and are out there searching.

My client, Craig Barnshaw did just that today and will be well prepared for his MdS as he has already found his key. 

If you need to find yours, you'd better come and see me...SOON!

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment