Thursday 31 July 2014

Synaesthesia (Fly Away Featuring Sheryl Deane - Radio Edit) - The Thrillseekers

Lyric - 'The time has come to live your life, so come with me and do some dreamin' - Helstrip

Track Choice - It's been one of my trance favourites for years now and it does make me feel slightly melancholy if I'm being honest but it has a great rhythm and hook that gave me a real boost today.

If you read yesterday's blog you'll know I was going to make a definite pledge to change one thing in my life today and hopefully you were too. To be honest, I wasn't doing too well and procrastinated like a good 'un until finally I pulled on my trainers and went out for a run.

I'd been racking my brain all morning thinking of that one thing, that one eureka moment that I could write about tonight that would light up the world... but sadly it wasn't there. It still wasn't there after three slow miles of durgy, heavy legged, sloggy-jogging either...until that was I decided to just let it go and decide that I would just let the decision find me.

Then the above track hit my headphones and the eureka moment hit me... RHYTHM yes RHYTHM is what I need to add to my busy world as all of my world is playing the right tune and going in the right direction BUT it lacks a simple back beat to keep it all at the right tempo and in some semblance of order and cohesion.

As soon as that dawned on me my sloggy-jogging suddenly became more of a run, my head cleared and I felt back on track.

Are you lacking rhythm? Or rather is your life lacking rhythm? Time to get yourself a big drum to bang so you and everyone else hears your tune!

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment