Tuesday 22 July 2014

Seen and Not Seen - Talking Heads

Lyric:- 'That he might, by force of will, cause his face to approach those of his ideal. The change would be very subtle. It might take ten years or so'.... Byrne

Track Choice:- I bought this album when it first came out in 1980 and it still sounds amazing some 30+ years on. Lyrically it's clearly about someone changing their shape by force of will which has been the undercurrent to my approach to fitness for the past couple of decades and the basis of all of the training that I do with my clients.


Lets hope it doesn't take 10 years or so for my people to make those changes and like them I'm working darn hard at the moment to stay on the straight and narrow and keep building on my LSD Runs and general overall fitness and as I know from my own experience has shown me, it takes ages to get it and just a blink of an eye to lose it...

My training today took me 8 miles up and over Leckwith Hill out to Dinas Powis and back and after a few weeks of LSD it felt quite a bit easier running at tempo pace even though it was in the midday heat of a heady 27 degrees C.

It took me a good couple of hours to stop sweating!

Anyway, take a listen to 'The Heads' and see what you've been missing...

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment