Wednesday 20 August 2014

Rhythm of the Heat - Sir Peter of Gabriel

Lyric:- The rhythm is around me, the rhythm has control, the rhythm is inside me, the rhythm has my soul - Gabriel

Track Choice:- Gabriel is one of my all-time hero's; dynamic, different and always one step ahead in musical development. This 1982 offering from his fourth solo outing is one of his stand-outs and one that still sounds fresh some thirty years on.

Anyway, I had a day of coaching in the gym yesterday, consisting of three longer sessions with clients of very different athletic abilities. The physical part of assessing and putting them through their sessions was business as usual for me BUT the one thing that connected these boys and girls was their ‘Life Rhythms’.

I always have a detailed one-to-one with my clients pre and post sessions and it felt to me that the rhythms of their lives had gone tachycardic. It was like all the players in their ‘Life Orchestras’ were playing the same tune BUT at different tempos. 

The sessions ended up being more of a mental de-fibrillation and getting them back into rhythm was extremely satisfying for me and hopefully the kick start they need to go and get their show back on the road, ‘keeping in time’.

It got me thinking about my own ‘Life Rhythms’ and maybe we all need to get our ‘Virtual De-fibs’ out periodically as it’s too easy to go on playing the same old tune....before you're OUT of Time!


Is your ‘Life in Tune?’…are you 'Tuneless' and don't know what to play? Do you need a new Conductor?

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment