Monday 4 August 2014

Sheep - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away' - Waters

Track Choice:- Originally called Raving and Drooling, this is one of my ALLTIME favourite tracks and would definitely go with me to my Desert Island. Waters at his most cynical and corrosive best with Psalm 23 thrown in for good measure (well sort of anyway).

It's the 'Sheep' bit that really catches my thoughts every time I hear this song, which must be hundreds and hundreds of times over the years but the lyrics have always rung true as they do on 'Dogs' too.

For me there are far too many 'Sheep' out there...you know the ones, people just happy to follow the flock, merge into the background and not stand out from the crowd. Happy just to Plod...If that's you I believe it's time for you to make your mark on the world and if you are finding that things are getting a but 'Woolly' and you don't want to ask 'How High' every time you are told to jump. It's time to shape up, stop being a Sheep and get a new direction - your Own!

Life is for living and not for 'harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away' and if you get a chance to 'Look over Jordan' (Aka The Promised Land', not Ms Katie Price, now that would be diastrous), you'll never look back, follow the crowd or ever be s#1t on again...

It's really liberating...

No comments:

Post a Comment