Monday 18 August 2014

Wire (Celtic Dub Mix) - U2

Lyric:- 'The longest sleep' - Hewson

Track Choice:- This is the song that got me hooked onto the Irish Fab Four. Having seen them for 30p in 1981 I wasn't all that impressed at first but this real 'driver' of a song finally broke my barriers down and opened up a real love of all things U2. Maybe it's the Brian Eno, Talking Heads connection...

Anyway, following a weekend of Double Marathon MdS Coaching you would think a nice long sleep would go hand-in-hand with all that exercise and added oxygen consumption BUT the rutting seagulls of Cardiff put paid to that at 4am this morning combined with the Dove from Above cooing down the chimney not long after. I finally surrendered around 5am to a very early start of the week. I'm a bit broken now!

Next weekend's Bank Holiday can't come quick enough and hopefully it's going to provide some rest and relaxation and maybe for once be rainfree. I can't remember the last dry one can you? No running for Mr C!!!

Now before I become my own Energy Vampire here, I am looking forward to getting back out on the run tomorrow, iPodded up and ready to listen to some tunes and enjoying the rhythm of running, rather than me talking...

Maybe I'll fire up some 'Wire' and relive that first blast of U2'... 30p was a real bargain at Rock City in Nottingham all those years ago eh?

More tomorrow...and I might listen to some Riverdance too!

1 comment: