Sunday 5 February 2017

I still haven't found what I'm looking for - U2

Bono Searching...
Lyric:- 'I have run, I have crawled' - Hewson

Song Choice:- This is a real Gospel classic and one that underlines U2 as a proper 'Christian Band' and one where Bono sings, 'I believe in the Kingdom Come. Then all the colours will bleed into one, bleed into one but yes, I'm still running'. My word, a local 'Sunday Sermon' couldn't give that much hope with such few words and the whole track is extremely uplifting.

I do prefer 'The Joshua Tree' original over that of the 'Rattle and Hum' live version and it's well worth a listen even thirty years' on, it still stands the test of time and I believe it's the band at their very best.

Anyway, I spent 5hrs 43mins searching my soul today on the eve of my 55th Birthday. Fuck me, I'm nearer 60 that 50 now... How frightening is that? Like anyone else that likes to analyse what they are doing and where they are going, my path has been fruitful I would say, yet it still needs 'Agent X' that magic ingredient that will take it to a higher plane and give it the edge that I'm looking to excite me for the next five years' of my life's next chapter.

It's funny but I feel most certain that I'll see out my 50's yet have no data to base that on apart from the extreme confidence I have on things always turning out alright, especially given my brush with GBS death. If I can conquer that, I might just have what it takes to get to old age. That and parents already in their 80's and in great health gives me a shining light to follow.

The danger lies in the 'looking' perhaps and I'll admit that I am still searching especially as I'm now only 19 marathons from a 23 year-life-goal and I'll need something else to spur me on perhaps when I get there -  before starting to tackle the next 1000, if I can pluck up the courage to do so...

I do recognise that I have time on my side to consider all of the above but tonight I'm celebrating 26.2 miles of non-stop running that brought me some enlightenment on where to go next earlier today

And when I know where that is - I'll let you know - As I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Rory Coleman - 981 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables 
9 Guinness World Records - 8,432 Days' Alcohol Free.
Inspirational Running Memoir - Get your copy here.
Location: Caerdydd, Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment