Friday 19 April 2013

Firth of Fifth - Genesis



'The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change' - Peter Gabriel

A week ago I was sweltering in the 54 degree heat of the Sahara Desert... this week it's all change and it's back to training in a very chilly Caerdydd. Even after 10 MdS, it's still been a massive down to earth BUMP for me this week and for many of the other MdS Runners I've spoken to they've been in the same boat...talk about Post Traumatic Race Disorder!


Each year we come back and run headlong into reality brick wall from the euphoria of the desert, it's a real nightmare and all you can do is to get the trainers back on get out running and get back into the gym in preparation for the next event.


So that's just what I did...I managed my first 10km run yesterday and without the pack and some 40 degrees colder it felt very good to be back out there on the street, pounding the pavements. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll keep getting the miles in and build back the endurance in my legs and get rid of the terrible jet-lagged sleepy feeling I have right now.


Couple of weeks should see me straight...








No comments:

Post a Comment