Tuesday 23 April 2013

Phoenix - The Cult


'Like the heat from a thousand suns that burns on' - The Cult.

On my travels today from God's Country back into England, I stopped off at The Severn View Services (a shadow of its former majesty) and ran the length and back of The Old Severn Bridge.

It was bloody marvellous! I enjoyed EVERY step of the run and it goes to show you that sometimes you need a lift to get you back feeling on top form every now and again.

The Bridge is just one of my favourite places you see and it has its own feel good factor for me. I only need to see it and I feel good...it's a magical monument to cold-war architecture IMO.

It's exactly 2 miles across too, so it was far too easy to run a swift 4 miler in the sunshine on a lovely spring day.

I might do it again tomorrow on the way back :-) Do you have special monuments or places where you go to get your mojo back?

More tomorrow from @colemancoaching

1 comment:

  1. Anywhere in the Lake District for me. Running a 12 mile route round Derwentwater early on Easter Day was pretty special even the day after my longest ever training run to date (28 miles!). It's something about the light, atmosphere and smells (damp sheep?!) that do it for me...

    ReplyDelete