Wednesday 3 April 2013

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley


'Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right'

With just three days to go to the race I'm getting a bit nervous about the impending 233kms that I will be grinding out in the Western Sahara next week. Funny thing is I shouldn't be too worried about doing the Marathon des Sables as I have already completed it 9 times BUT I know how dangerous it can be of you underestimate ANY race, especially one known as 'The World's Toughest Footrace'.

My 'Rose Tinted Goggles', doesn't seem to remember the extreme heat or the amount of endurance both emotional and physical the race demands. All it remembers is the FINISH LINE and the joy of that MdS Medal that all of the 1048 competitors will be dreaming of receiving next week.

I'm already at Gatwick ready for the flight to Ouarzazate tomorrow and hopefully you will follow my progress in the race. During next week, if you have a moment, please email me using the www.darbaroud.com website and send me a message to my race number #643. Your encouragement is more than welcome...

I'll be back here online on 16th April hopefully with my 10th Marathon des Sables Medal.

More then...


1 comment: