Monday 2 December 2013

I don't like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats

Robert Frederick Zenon Geldof
'The Telex machine is kept so clean' - Geldof


34 years on and I quite like 'em Sir Bob as it's been my first 'Day off' in quite a while and it's been an opportunity to tie-up some loose ends and get my act into gear for the rest of the year. As for the Telex machine reference, I didn't really know what one was back then and I'm still none the wiser.

I was only 17 in 1979 and in a year that saw the first £million footballer (Trevor Francis), the first test pressing of the CD and 23.85m people watching 'To the Manor Born it's a far cry from our internet obsessed modern day lifestyle.

I'm still listening to 'The Wall' by the mighty Floyd (whom I saw that year at Earls Court) and I wonder what we'll be filling our lives with in another 34 years' time.

Let's hope that Sir Bob and I will still be debating whether Monday is any good or not and for the foreseeable future, it's probably going to get a thumbs up from me for some time to come.

Have you had a Good Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment