Thursday 24 April 2014

Goody Two Shoes - Adam Ant

'Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?' Pirroni, Michael & Ant


Do you know your shoes? I do and I know a bit more now following an evening at @Profeetcustom in Fulham, with lots of people undertaking this year's @racetothestones. I spoke myself about the required training and nutrition required to run the race in 1 x 100km or 2 x 50km stages.

It was interesting to see Profeet's updated Gait Analysis Software where comparisons of barefoot, current shoe plus two new shoe alternatives can be viewed at the same time through the whole running gait. It's amazing to see the level of control differ so much even with shoes from the same brand.

If you are in doubt of what running shoe to wear and if you are more injured than not, I can only suggest you get some proper shoe advice and get some stability into your running. It will make your body bomb-proof and you'll be able to keep putting in the miles in make your ULTRA-running career a whole lot more enjoyable.

I've been injury free for 20 years and I put all of this down to running in great quality support shoes from Brooks and Saucony. If you are still confused about what to wear, contact Richard Felton at Profeet on 020 7736 0046 or contact me and I'll help you through the Training Shoe Maze.

Lots of people at this year's Marathon des Sables, now wished that they had!

More tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment