Saturday 26 April 2014

Decade - Duran Duran


My word, it's 10 years since I did the Shakespeare Marathon and yet it will be my ninth running of my home-town 26.2 miler. I couldn't believe that it was 2004 when I last ran in this race...how time flies eh?

I'm looking forward to running around my old stomping ground and along some of the running routes where I started my whole running journey back in 1994. Let's hope the weather is as kind as it was that day and I enjoy it as much as I did back then.

The time tomorrow won't matter that much as my legs are still made of cement mixed with Sahara Sand, still lacking the freshness that 152 miles saps out of them but anyway who cares...I'm just going to go and enjoy it.

That's why we do it, isn't it?

More tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment