Monday 5 January 2015

Life is for Living - Barclay James Harvest

Lyric:- Life is for living, Living is Free - Holroyd

Song Choice:- This seemed very a very apt song to celebrate my 21st year of Sobriety. If you are not fully aware of BJH have a listen just like I did, and you'll find your singing this one to yourself hours after listening to it - I did :-)

I'm not sure that living is 'Free' and it comes at a cost. How much is up to you as it all depends what you are living for.

The last 21 years have been a revelation for me and with a bucket of hindsight, I would have been on the start line of London in 1981 and the MdS in 1986...They would have been the ones to do...but I wasn't - I was there in 1995 and 1999 though to start my romance with the World's most iconic Marathon and Ultra.

At least I started, even if I was a bit slow off the blocks. Getting started is always the hardest part you see. It's far easier to procrastinate and talk a good game rather than come clean, make a clear statement to yourself over where you are and where you want to be.

I knew all those years ago what was wrong, how to correct it and I'm still on my ongoing mission to make sure that I get the best value for money on this one life I'm living.

This day in 1994 I managed 100 metres today I ran an easy 10 miles...I'm living my life...

Are you?

Rory Coleman - 880 Marathons - 230 Ultras - 11 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment