Tuesday 28 April 2015

Another Brick in the Wall Part 1 - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'Leaving just a memory' - Waters

Song Choice:- 'As I continue into my theme of 'The Wall' in my blogs, Another Brick in the Wall Part 1 heralds in the school days and distant memories of days gone by for Roger Waters and his Character 'Pink'.

It really hits home for me as I was reminded earlier today that it was 35 years ago that I left my secondary school and headed out into the outside world, all wide-eyed and innocent hoping that life would bring me health, wealth and happiness.

Luckily, it's brought me all of the above, more times than not but for some folk I meet, even those of a similar age to me, I find are still trying to embark on their adult life voyage and have spent all of their adult lives serving others rather than achieving their own aspirations.

For them, I hope they can find a way to release the chains that are currently holding them back.

There's a great world out there, and I think that these are the Happiest Days of Our Lives, Don't You?

More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 901 Marathons - 232 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location:Cardiff


No comments:

Post a Comment