Friday 24 April 2015

The Voice - John Farnham

Lyric:- 'Make a noise and make it clear' - Qunta, Reid, Ryder & Thompson

Song Choice:- You can't beat a bit of the 80's especially with the current revival for all things orange, brown or cheesy. Can you believe he turned down 'We built this city' later sung by Jefferson Starship.

Anyway, I love the lyrics of this belting song and the lyrics are a great instruction to shout out, make a noise and be clear about who you are and what you are wanting. I'm pretty clear myself nowadays but back in 1986 I might not have been so forthcoming with my views and opinions as I am now. Maybe it's part of being an over 50 but I'm amazed at how much people bow and beg in the professional and personal life without having the strength to say, 'Hold on there a minute, I think I need to put you straight on something' or 'Hold on, who do you think you are talking to'...

It's amazing how the most bullying of colleagues, customers and quittances immediately jump a big pace back when they are challenged by a little Feistiness. Yes, Feistiness not rudeness as that gets you nowhere.

Next time, someone takes a liberty - get Feisty. The results are amazing and folk will think far more of you in the future and take far less liberties.

If you are at the Shakespeare Marathon at the weekend, please say hello as I'll be there running. It's one of my favourites :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment