Sunday 26 April 2015

In the Flesh - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- To feel the warm thrill of confusion - Waters

Song Choice:- I listened to a live version of 'The Wall' recorded in 1980 from Earls Court and I'm going to write the next few blogs following the track listing starting with the first track 'In the Flesh'. It's an autobiographical statement of where the band was at the end of '77 and I completely get where Waters was coming from.

Incidentally, the baby featured in the last couple of bars will now be at least 37 - now that's a thought!

Anyway, I was in the flesh today at my 10th Shakespeare Marathon, hitting my 3:59 predictor spot on. I did have to push the last couple of miles but I felt great all the way if I'm being honest.

It also felt great to be stripped bare of the MdS, Clients and Sand as there's nothing like a good road marathon to find out where you are both in fitness and in life.

Running past three of my old houses in Luddington Village added to my nostalgia and speed as it happens. As did kissing both Boswell Sisters who didn't want me anywhere near them in 1977...then again I don't blame them!

Back in 1977, I never thought I'd be less than 100 marathons away now from my 1000th.

Life's strange ain't it! More tomorrow...

Rory Coleman - 901 Marathons - 232 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location:Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment