Monday 27 April 2015

The Thin Ice - The Pink Floyd

Lyric:- 'If you should go skating on the thin ice of modern life' - Waters

Song Choice:- Carrying on my 'Wall' theme, The Thin Ice highlights just how much our lives hang by a thread. It's amazing that our fragility is something we nonchalantly take for granted until it's taken from us in our ever increasingly manic lives. How I reached 53, I'll never know!

But life is fragile and it's something that's being highlighted to me more and more, the more people I meet. Not through chance but by choice.

How on earth do we get ourselves into such a mess? Everyone's in a bloody pickle it seems... and when you look in from the outside (which I'm lucky that folk let me do and look in on their lot), it can be a simple fix to get life back in control and be able to start over again with some fresh rules and guidelines. Booze free, in a couple of cases today!

We all love a few rules, (not too much hi-viz in my case), but we need to know where the boundaries are and where we can make our mark on life. A lot of folk believe that wealth will bring them happiness but maybe 'Skating on the Thin Ice of Modern Life' might bring you a much bigger reward.

Of course, 'Don't be surprised, when a crack in the ice, appears under your feet'...as Waters goes onto sing but then again where would we be if we didn't take a few chances eh?

Luckily it didn't crack under mine when I went skating as a youngster on a very thinly frozen river! Sorry Mum.

More later...How Thin's Your Ice?

Rory Coleman - 901 Marathons - 232 Ultras
12 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.
Location:Cardiff




No comments:

Post a Comment