Wednesday 1 April 2015

The Price of Love - Roxy Music

Lyric:- A debt you pay with tears and pain - Everly & Everly

Song Choice:- I love a bit of Roxy and I didn't realise that the Everly's wrote this baby. Anyway, it seems quite apt that you pay with tears and pain eh?

Success comes at a price. The cost is an investment of pure hard work and determination. You can't 'buy' success, just ask a Billionaire Premier Club Chairman, as all the millions in the world can't guarantee your desires when there's sport and people involved.

There's a 'Life-Experience Hiatus' happening right now accompanied by having all the 'Right Gear' but really having 'No Idea'. Just take a look at 'Ironman' photos or folk in their MdS Logo'd up kit and you'll see what I mean. It's doesn't look natural at all and just highlights the 'Look like a Right Plonker Factor'.

The '10,000 hours Ideal' is SO right. Having the RIGHT gear is of course a much better approach, I don't need Logo's or a Desert Uniform to get me in the 'Zone'. The 'Zone' is in my head and it's business as usual for me on Sunday for 250kms of Sand, Mountains and Extreme Fun.

As I head off with Sir Ranulph, at least I know he is 10,000+ on everything so there's no worry on his part but for some of the  500 Brits going, I do think that some might have 'Bought' off more than they can chew...I'm envisaging a huge pile of discarded compression gear, front packs and blister management at the end of Stage 1 this year, apart from those people I've trained for the race! 

Rory Coleman - 897 Marathons - 231 Ultras
11 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 21 Years' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment