Monday 9 May 2016

The Big Money - Rush

Lyric:-'Sometimes pushing people around, sometimes pulling out the rug, sometimes pushing all the buttons, sometimes pulling out the plug. It's the power and the glory, it's a war in paradise, it's a Cinderella story, on a tumble of the dice - Peart

Song Choice:- Well, on a day where I've had a further 500ml of genetically created drugs, I can say that I'm feeling a lot better already, even though I can't walk one step unaided. In fact, I'm the only person whom crashed a Zimmer Frame today at less than 1mph whilst reversing myself gingerly onto a toilet with a catastrophic death dive that only a  sixties spaghetti western could have engineered.

All of course in super-slow motion...

Anyway, it's been a day of hope and of realisation that people out there are really routing for me to get better and I've had so many good luck messages it's been overwhelming.

That helped me no end escape a bit of a black hole I was quickly being sucked into as without the mobility that I'm used to and the feeling of freedom that running gives me, life would be extremely testing for both me and those around me for sure. I'm not a good patient but I'm patiently trying to become one.

I'm very grateful and I really mean that to all the medical experts I've encountered so far at the University Hospital of Wales down here in Llandough and Cardiff. Folk moan about the NHS but the staff work their butts off to deliver some amazing care whilst other colleagues teach and research into illnesses such as the Guillain-Barre Syndrome I'm fighting off, right now with their help.

The wonder-drug/medicine I'm now taking is well over £2000 per litre (I know 'cos I Googled it) and during the week ahead I'll be consuming 2.5 litres of it just to get started on my way back to being somewhere near normal again. Funnily enough it's the price of a bottle of Dom Perignon, in a 1962 vintage just like my good self. Hopefully mine will make a better return on the investment when all the Champagne Bubbles have long gone.

Well, let's see what tomorrow brings eh? 

Here's to continued good health for all...

Rory Coleman
976 Marathons, 241 Ultras, 9 Guinness World Records, 13 Marathon des Sables, 8159 Days' Champagne Dry

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read that you are at least starting to feel better and it sounds like you're in good hands! Hope you're on the path to recovery before too long.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete