Tuesday 5 February 2013

Everybody Hurts - Avril Lavigne

Wayne on 'The Dipper'
It's been another day of Marathon des Sables training for me, this time with MdS2013 runner, Wayne Newton. It was most refreshing, not only that Wayne is just a lovely chap but that we went to Merthyr Mawr sand dunes instead of running the normal 26.2 around Cardiff.

Good news for my tired old legs following The Pilgrims ULTRA but also because it gave Wayne a real taste of what's in store for him (and me) in just 60 days.

It took us to our third rep to run all the way up The Big Dipper... it always takes a couple of gos to get it right I've found and from a standing start it's just far too easy to blow out half-way up. Coupled with a few miles to the sea and back it proved a great afternoon's training session.

My tired quads and hip-flexors are now just a distant memory :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment