Monday 6 May 2013

Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath


The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming - Ronnie James Dio.

All Heaven and No Hell yesterday as I thoroughly enjoyed the Neolithic Marathon that went from Avebury on the trail, to finish at Stonehenge. In its 25th year, it was a great day out for Jenny and myself on one of the best organised Marathons you'll find.

I must say that I have felt a good race brewing and all of the hard training I have been putting on since the MdS really paid off. Being able to run ALL of the race including ALL of the hills (where I overtook loads of people walking) proved a real kick to the downhill sections I raced down and the long undulations across Salisbury Plain.

I managed an average 6.1 mph for the 26.2 miles and even clocked a negative split thanks to some great 80's from Sabbath along the way.

The 4.16 was a lot quicker than I could have ever imagined or predicted, and Jenny's 3:38 suggests an add on of 20-25 mins on a normal marathon time in my estimate and my 3:46 of 1998 shows just how fit I was back then in my sub 3:30 days.

Best bit is that my legs feel great today and I'm ready for more speed and more hills - bring it on.

www.RoryColeman.co.uk - The UK's Leading ULTRAmarathon Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment