Friday 28 November 2014

Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush

Lyric:- it's going to be allright when times get rough - Gabriel


Song Choice:- I'm seeing Sir Peter of Gabriel on Monday so in homage of him coupled with one of my all time favourite artists Kate Bush, this song seemed perfect for today's blog.

I've seen so much chatter on-line this week with folk being injured or failing over and over again I felt it's only right to give my take on how the crazies of this running world might perform better. Then again it's not just running that makes us crazy it's life in general that f*cks us all up.

On 'Black Friday', an imported idea as annoying as 'Trick or Treating', like sheep we are enticed to go to Tesco and fight to spend money we don't possess on credit we then pay over the odds on paying off. Baaa, Baaa, Baaa you sheep you!

It's the same with running, fail in a 24hr race, do another one straight away seems to be the mentality. That'll do it - hmm I don't think so. It's a good 24 month path of mileage build, taper, speed, actual event, recovery, mourning before taking in a deep breath and then starting over again to run 100 miles+ properly, not one every week! 

Anyway, sometimes it's best to give up bashing away at an issue. Not forever but just for a while to take stock, see the bigger picture, get the desire back and then start back fresh and with a clear direction knowing exactly what you want and when you want to achieve it.

Is that you? I bet it is...I think we need to give up sometimes.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment