Thursday 3 November 2016

Missing (Todd Terry Mix) - Everything but the Girl

Lyrics:- 'And I miss you, like the deserts miss the rain' - Smith, Sim & Croft

Song Choice:- A great opportunity to choose a great track from EBTG. I'm not sure whatever happened to them but 'Missing' and 'Wrong' have always been stand out favourites of mine.

Anyway, did you see the news today from the Collins Dictionary People about some of the new words they've included in their new tomb this year. (Pre-Christmas PR if you ask me but here goes with)...

Dude-Food, Snowflake Generation and the one I'm interested in 'Jomo'. More of an acronym like RADAR or TARDIS really but standing for 'Joy Of Missing Out'. Something I can really connect with.

You see having never seen a Star Wars movie, The Sound of Music or read a Harry Potter, Dean Karnazes or Born to Run book; I feel more than happy to celebrate the fact. I'm not sure why except I don't think I'm missing out on anything by not having done so.

I'm not sure what difference any of them would make and I must be honest in saying that none of them really interest me. I've always been more interested in what I'm doing rather than anyone else, but maybe that's a question of ego. Understanding Quidditch doesn't have much relevance in my world.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm interested in something I'll learn everything I possibly can about it and then remember it forever. That's part of my personality make-up and makes me want to stick out from the crowd. You can now see why committees and team-sports have never been my thing.

It doesn't matter as knowing this is very empowering and used in the right way means you never miss anything. You only miss out on the stuff that isn't important.

What do you need to miss out on?

Rory Coleman - 977 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records - 8338 Days' Alcohol Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment