Tuesday 22 November 2016

Shine - Years and Years

Lyric:- 'I'll recover if you keep me alive' - Thornton

Song Choice:- A great song this one, with some really poignant lyrics for a very special day in my recovery from GBS/SIDP.

You see I got the two-year all clear today from my Mr Kolli, my second consultant (yes I have two) based at Rookwood Hospital in Llandaff, down here in God's Country. He like my other Consultant are still pretty flabbergasted by recovery but are still erring on the side of caution as my Prednisilone consumption reduces over the next few weeks. He did say that I wouldn't relapse now which I was really glad to hear as I can't wait to put 2016 behind me.

So Hurrah!!!

It was also nice to see a few of the patients who were there at the same time as myself and also say 'hello' to the nurses who looked after me and say thanks once more for their care. Luckily I hadn't pooped myself in front of the ones there today so I didn't feel any embarrassment factor - to think I was there just three months ago, unable to walk feels most spooky and I didn't realise at the time perhaps just how ill I really was.

According to them, I was VERY ill...

Anyway, I'm not ill now - just enjoying life and getting back to being myself again.

Time for some running now I think :-)

More tomorrow as I feel I'm shining - are you?

Rory Coleman - 979 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables
9 Guinness World Records - 8358 Days' Alcohol Free.
Location: Cardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment