Monday 14 November 2016

Proud - Heather Small

Lyrics:- 'So what have you done today to make you feel proud?' - Small & Vettese

Song Choice:- Whatever happened to Heather Small? This song was released way back in 2000, after her time with the brilliant 'M People' yet it only reached #16 in the UK charts... 

That was a surprising fact for me as it was the official song of the 2012 GB Olympic Bid. Maybe it was too much like 'Search for the Hero', who knows? But it's well worth another listen as it really fluffs my feathers up and makes me feel Proud about what I've achieved over the years as well as watching the actual 2012 Olympics from the luxury of a chalet in the French Alps.

Anyway, it's a great question... 'So what have you done today to make you feel proud?'

Maybe it's something you should think about as you go through your day. 

Funnily enough, I started to write this blogpost on Friday. So I'm not too proud it's taken this long to finish it off but I've been away all weekend at Druid Challenge, with Lady C and our children, both under two, in the confines of a motorhome. Four of us in a bed together was just peachy...

I am proud though, that we survived, Janny and I ran a marathon each, I spoke to lots of next year's MdS Runners on Saturday night and we both saw lots of old friends, we've shared extra-special days with in the past.

Hopefully, I'll feel very proud later on after my Consultant appointment and I can really start knocking the Prenisilone on the head for good.


More tomorrow, and make yourself Proud :-)

Rory Coleman
979 Marathons - 241 Ultras - 13 Marathon des Sables - 9 Guinness World Records
8349 Days' Sober (I'm really Proud of that one).
www.RoryColeman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment