Tuesday 18 December 2012

Crest of a Knave - Jethro Tull


It's amazing what a week can make to how you feel and when you've been back training. In just seven days it feels like I've moved mountains and really got my running into gear once again. Hopefully it's not just one good run that's giving me this 'Crest of a Knave' feeling but I took six minutes off my six mile run of the previous Monday's snotty experience. So I'm well chuffed!

Overtaking a couple of runners out on their evening run together really got my lungs and heart working and I felt for once in a longtime like the serious runner, I ought to be. Sometimes, we forget who we are, what we've accomplished and what we are training for... I'm sure that other people feel like this about their running too and I feel that my job as a Performance Coach is to enable others to be their Personal Best.

With this in mind, I am trying to evoke the same feeling that I get from my running in my clients so they make their way towards their fitness goals... I had real fun today sending MdS14 Wannabe Jemma-Ann on her way today and although new to ULTRA-running, she's a really gutsy girl whom I'm going to enjoy working with over the next 15 months. Watch this space for her progress...

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment