Wednesday 12 December 2012

Quadrophenia - The Who


If anyone finds my Quads, please can they return them to me asap as mine seems to have disappeared during my layoff running with Pneumonia. All I have in their place is some aching tired old twigs for legs with screaming Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. I'm sure you've been in the same situation but mine haven't felt like since my last ULTRA around Jersey in 2011.

Seriously, I'm sure it's down to a combination of getting out there running again but also due to the conditioning regime that I am now using to get me as fit as possible when I start my 10th MdS on April 7th 2013.

My other soapbox right now is weight - yes mine. I had my best placed race (#143) in 2009 at just over 78kgs and that's where I want to be again in 2013. So far I've done 5kgs and there's 3kgs to go... not easy over the Christmas period and when you haven't been running but the 'No Bread' is helping as well as cutting out a lot of the carbs in my diet.

The result so far is that the running that I am doing feels a lot better with a few kilos off...

More tomorrow and let's hope my thighs will start to return to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment