Thursday 27 December 2012

Extreme Ways - Moby

Caerphilly Castle
The hill theme continued today as I took on Caerphilly Mountain and did a round trip run to the Castle and back. There's a good couple of 20% hills on the way there and on the way back of course to take on and conquer. It's a tough run...

I must say that I was just about out for the count on the way up to The Traveller's Rest Pub at the top of Caerphilly Mountain but I did manage some good recovery time on the way down in to Caerphilly Town Centre. The only thought during this section of the run was that I had to go back up the massive hill! It did cross my mind to turn round well before the bottom of the hill but in my new and improved 2013 mode, I made sure I went and touched the Castle Gates, just to make sure that I didn't cheat my way out of the full hill climb back out of the town.

I needn't have worried as the way back wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I actually speeded up and maybe it's been helped along by my using the MapMyRun softwware. On it yesterday I was Male Hill Climber of the Day, so it can't be all that bad.

Today's run is here.

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment