Sunday 5 January 2014

20 years - The Civil Wars


Yes! 20 years ago today, I went for that first run which definitely saved my life and I gave up the dreaded booze.

I didn't know at the time if I could keep the pledge I made that day back in 1994 but 20 years on I'm still dry and still running of course, celebrating today with a Power Hour in the gym that really pushed me!

I was hoping to bash in another 10 miler over Leckwith Hill but I couldn't face the rain if I'm being honest and the gym seemed a much less inclement option. I did get soaked going there of course but hey ho..

Words can't express the feelings I have over completing 20 years booze free and maybe only those of you who have done the same will know how I feel and just how lucky we are to have pulled out if the tailspin of alcohol abuse before it's too late. I've met loads of people in the same 20 year period that didn't.

So if that's you and want to join me let me know as I would only be too pleased to help you out.

Here's to the next 20...and I'll raise a glass of squash to one and all...

1 comment: