Thursday 23 January 2014

I've got the Power - Snap

Working Hard and Classic HR Trace

'I've got the power, like the crack of the whip' - Jerkins, Garrett & Deitrick

People keep posting about my famous #colemanpowerhour so I thought I show you some details of the one I did yesterday here. It's basically a treadmill interval session designed to build your speed training and resistance to quitting the pain as the intensity nears ones Max Heart Rate (MHR) running over the course of an hour.


It's a gentle build and it's amazing how after that initial HR Max burst how easy the first few reps are and the fifteen minute mark is all too easy to reach. After that each five minutes feel like a lifetime BUT after getting thru the 45 minutes barrier the last fifteen become a bit more of a physical than a mental battle and evaporate quite nicley as I wish the sweat I generate would too!

Yep, I was pretty drenched after this one. I also peaked my HR at 161 over the last couple of reps so for me the intensity of this session was just right. It will be interesting to see how much I can improve my fitness and see my HR reduce before upping both speeds by 0.2kph.

If you haven't a Power Hour yet, maybe you should see what the fuss is all about and reap the benefits of a great session that you will hate for an hour but love when you see your treadmill display shows 60.01 minutes.

If you want me to show you how to do them - come and see me as EVERYONE who does them shows improvemnt in their performances and lots put it down to #colemanpowerhour.

More tomorrow...

Andy Saville BTW is my #colemanpowerhour - World Record Holder!


No comments:

Post a Comment