Wednesday 29 January 2014

Ordinary World - Duran Duran


'But I won't cry for yesterday. There's an ordinary world somehow I have to find' - Le Bon, Rhodes, Cuccurullo, Robbins & Taylor


I've spent a lot of time this month talking about and describing my 'Ordinary World' to a vast number of folk wanting to take on challenging their human limits of endurance. I always ask bags of questions of them too as I want to understand their 'World' and why they want to do this stuff.

My 'Ordinary World' just isn't that ordinary I've come to understand and as I describe it out loud it does sound quite bonkers sometimes but all I can say is that it's from the heart and that it's the real 24/7 where I live both physically and mentally.

One of my favourite sayings is that 'You don't become a cross-channel swimmer overnight and that you have to do a lot more than a few lengths of the pool to do so', but it's right...You have to work really hard to make a hundred mile race, fun, pleasant and relatively easy. I know 'cos I've done it - many times over and I did it running 100 mile weeks, week in, week out for a number of years.

It takes TIME to get from A to B and with less than 70 days for MdS14 you've nearly missed the boat and I'm now seeing more and more MdS15 runners and with 427 days to your race it's now time to come and find out what it's like to live in a whole new world - You never know, being 'Rordinary' could be the best thing you ever did.

When you are, you'll know what I mean and being extra-ordinary won't feel as scary anymore...

More tomorrow.

- Coleman Coaching - The UK's Leaders in Inspirational Coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment