Sunday 16 March 2014

Anything she does - Genesis

'You'll still be a young girl, when I'm old and grey' - Banks, Collins & Rutherford

What a wonderful weekend of sunshine to be out running and I really enjoyed the first running of the 26.2 mile distance at the Shakespeare Spring Marathon. It lived up to my expectations and with a little bit of polish and less headwind it could well be a real winner.

The Anglo-Celtic Plate would be ideally placed at such a venue as the Long Marston Airfield supplied a perfectly FLAT course to allow for even pacing  and no nasty hill to climb every lap.

It did measure a bit long at 26.64 miles and I knew well before the last extra 2kms that we'd be running long and the final run down a dead-end turn was superfluous IMO. I did 3.57.42 on my watch for the race and 3.53.38 for the Marathon distance so I'll be very happy with that and 24 hours on my legs are virtually ache-free so my recovery is good.

I have a day of coaching my #CPWA2A disciples tomorrow in London and today has just been a great day of rest in the Salter-Coleman household where we are now planning for our second part of the 2014 season.

Happy Days and more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment