Friday 28 March 2014

Desert Raven - Jonathan Wilson

'The rain in flowers through the desert sky is wiser then you and me. The birds now go east but still miss a sleep and the desert raven he has palm trees,' - Wilson

Desert Raven is  a brilliant song and sent to me by Mark Gatenby, one of my Carphone Warehouse Average to Awesome runners and most apt as it's now just a week until my 2014 MdS Adventure.


The whole sound of this song sums up how I feel right now, mellow and really looking forward to some desert heat and the feeling of inner calm that being in the Sahara Sands brings each year.


It's hard to explain how the MdS makes one feel but it's a mixture of pain and pleasure with a good measure of humility added to add strength. I always come away feeling revitalised and regenerated from the rather odd retreat the race offers so it must be worth the torment the race brings.


When it does get tough, I do know that I'll be listening to the above track as it will make me think of being in Cardiff on a cold Friday afternoon with freezing cold feet, before a final weekend of easy training and race preparation.


More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment