Wednesday 19 March 2014

Night and Day (Steel String Mix) - U2

'I think of you night and day' - Bono
I'm meeting SO many people on the lead up to this year's MdS who are thinking about this race...Night and Day and it's my job to make it as easy as possible for them to get to the start line in just a few days time without having a cardiac arrest. 

In some of the cases this has proved harder than others but the interesting thing is that they will ALL BE OK.

All the ones I've coached will be as I've seen them develop over the past year into well accomplished ultra-marathon runners and more than capable of doing a few days and a couple of hundred kms in hot sand dunes.

Their biggest pre-race problem is getting their local GP to sign off their medical forms and ECG's as most Doctors don't like putting their name to a fitness than an illness form. I'm sure more high blood pressure is caused by this form than recorded on it!

I have young Chris Connor coming to see me for his final MdS run thru tomorrow and he has 'Tall R Waves' on his ECG so I rest my case!!!

Now where are my surgical gloves?



No comments:

Post a Comment